Texas Counties Deliver – learn how county government serves you



The office of the Wilson County Tax Assessor-Collector is an authorized agent of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC). Renewal applications and Original Applications (Prequalification Packets) can be obtained by visiting the TABC website at http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/forms/licensing_renewal.asp. To renew your beer license or to submit an Original Application, you must provide a completed renewal application to the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.

New Law change - Effective February 1, 2014, due to recent legislative changes passed by the 83rd Legislature (SB 1035), the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission will now collect State fees and surcharges. All renewal fees and surcharges should be submitted to the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission. The Wilson County Tax Assessor’s office will no longer be accepting payment for State renewals and original applications for TABC. Licensees however are responsible for paying the County portion(s) of its fees.

Beer renewal applications cannot be renewed earlier than 30 days before the renewal date. If you fail to renew your license on time, but apply for renewal between the first and 30th day after the expiration date, a $100 late fee will be added. During this period of expiration, you are to cease from selling beer and wine. License holders that fail to renew after the 30 day grace period will be required to file an original application with the local TABC District Office once again.

If you possess a permit with TABC, you will receive a notice from the Wilson County Tax Assessor’s Office to pay the appropriate fee equal to one-half of the state fee, Sec. 11.38 and 61.36, Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code, for your county Liquor Permit. However, Mixed Beverage Permit holders will also receive a notice from our office during the third year of operation following the issuance of the Mixed Beverage Permit and a fee equal to one-half of the state fee will be due.

Section 11.38(e) Local Fee Authorized, Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code, allows TABC to deny or cancel a permit for the retail sale or service of alcoholic beverages, including a permit held by the holder of a food and beverage certificate, if it finds that the permit holder or applicant has not paid delinquent property taxes due on that permitted premises or from a business operated on that premises.

Fees will vary according to the class or type of beer, wine or liquor permits and licenses required for the operation of your establishment. For more information on fees, please contact (830) 393-7313.

What Type of Licenses Do We Collect For?

Beer/Wine Permit -- for the sale and/or consumption of beer and wine only, i.e. Stop & Go's, grocery stores, some restaurants.

Mixed Beverage Permit -- allows the holder to sell and serve mixed drinks for consumption on the licensed premise, i.e. bars, hotels, some restaurants and ice houses that sell liquor only.

Mixed Beverage Late Hours Permit -- for those Mixed Beverage Permit holders that sell alcoholic beverages until 2:00 a.m.

Caterer's Permit -- authorizes the permit holder to sell mixed beverages and/or beer on a temporary basis at a place other than the premise.

Beverage Cartage Permit -- Allows the holder of a mixed beverage permit to transfer alcoholic beverages from the place of purchase to the licensed premise, i.e. beer delivery companies, liquor delivery companies, Don's & Ben's, Glazer’s, Block Distributing.

An Application for these permits may be obtained by calling the local Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission office or visiting their website.